MediaNet 30th Anniversary Short Film Anniversary Call Out
MediaNet is looking for 5 filmmakers to create a short film using MediaNet’s new Sony FS 100s. Any genre or subject is eligible.
up to 10 days use of one or both of the Sony FS 100’s
up to 10 days use of MediaNet lights, grip and ancillary equipment.
Editing Facilities at MediaNet (Adobe CS5 Creative Suite with Premier Pro or FCP 7 and Adobe AfterEffects)
Technical Support as necessary
The Call is open to Victoria and Victoria Area Filmmakers and Artists who
have had at least one film selected into an adjudicated film festival
or have received a Canada Council or BC Arts grant. Open to all Victoria Area filmmakers and video artists.
The 5 selected projects will be adjudicated by an independent three person jury.
Criteria for selection
- 50% Artistic Merit
- 25% innovative use of the Sony FS100
- 10% track record of previous project completion
- 15% community involvement and relevance and involvement of MediaNet members as crew and personnel
Submissions must include
- minimum two page treatment of the project that includes statements of artistic vision, community relevance and an explanation of how the FS100’s will enhance your project (see above “Criteria for Selection”)
- Resume or CV
- Schedule of completion including proposed shooting dates (best estimate)
- List of crew and positions (best estimate)
Deadline for proposals:
November 30th 2011
via e-mail to communications@media-net or
#110 – 2750 Quadra St, Victoria, BC V8T 4E8